Wesleyan's Office of Career and Internship Services encourages career exploration and preparation as an ongoing process that can be individualized for each student’s needs and interests. The Director of Career and Internship Services provides career development seminars, individual career and graduate school advising, assessments, and on-line employment listings for students and alumnae.
Wesleyan's Office of Career and Internship Services offers support and direction through the following opportunities for career development:
- One-on-one confidential and cost-free career counseling services, including personality and career assessment instruments.
- Career exploration sessions to assist in choosing a major, securing an internship and pursuing a career.
- Group and individual instructions on resume and cover letter writing.
- Interview skills training.
- Career and internship fairs. Opportunities to attend career fairs are provided several times each year
- Access to part-time jobs, internships, graduate schools and careers emailed to students as they become available.
- On-campus career development large and small group seminars focused on career networking, dressing for interviews, internship processes, resume writing, graduate school admissions, interviewing skills, etc... scheduled several times each semester.
- Use of the Myer’s-Brigg’s career assessment tool to help students focus in on their life passion and align this with career goals.
- Training in the latest trends in employment such as the use of Facebook and Linked In as career development tools.
If you you are an employer and would like to post a job or internship position, please send a job description, along with contact information, to Tom Bates, Director of Career Development, email@example.com. Your position will be posted in Wesleyan's electronic job folder, which may be accessed by Wesleyan students, faculty and staff.