How do I contact staff about giving to Wesleyan College?
You may reach the Office of Institutional Advancement by calling (478) 757-5187, and your phone call will be directed to the correct person. Our fax number is (478) 757-4029. Also, you may refer to the Contact Us section below to find contact information for a specific staff member.
Where do I send my gift?
Mail your gift to: Wesleyan College
Office of Institutional Advancement
4760 Forsyth Road
Macon, GA 31210
How do I make out my check?
Make your check out to Wesleyan College. Please note to which fund you are giving in the check’s memo field. If no fund is noted, then your gift will count toward the Annual Fund.
What is Wesleyan’s fiscal year?
The college follows a July 1 – June 30 fiscal calendar.
What is the difference between the Annual Fund and the Loyalty Fund?
The Loyalty Fund is the alumnae portion of the Annual Fund. If you are an alumna, any gift you make to the Annual Fund is automatically counted in the Loyalty Fund totals. Also included in Loyalty Fund totals are gifts from alumnae’s spouses, family foundations, and matching gift companies.
Do my memorial and tribute gifts count toward the Annual Fund?
Yes, unless otherwise specified by you or the honoree’s family.
What are my rights as a donor?
Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is built on trust and based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is essential to our quality of life. To assure that Wesleyan merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have the following rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they are given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization, or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers.
The Donor Bill of Rights was created by the American Association of Fund Raising Counsel (AAFRC), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE). It has been endorsed by numerous organizations.
How do I give stocks or bonds?
Instruct your stock broker in writing to transfer the shares to: SunTrust Bank, DTC# 2971, for credit to the Wesleyan College account: 1128795. Have your broker speak with Beverly Glenn at (404) 724-3556 or e-mail to: Beverly.Glenn@suntrust.com.
You will also need to contact the Vice President for Institutional Advancement at Wesleyan College, at (478) 757-5187 to give the name of the stock, the number of shares you intend to transfer, the approximate value of the stock, and the designation.
For information on how to transfer stock certificates by mail, please contact Susan Allen. You also may give mutual fund shares to Wesleyan and avoid capital gains tax on the appreciation in value. Each mutual fund company has different procedures. Please contact Wesleyan directly for assistance.
Contact Our Staff
Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Grants Administrator and Director of Special Projects
Deborah Smith '76
Senior Development Officer
Director of Development
Millie Hudson '75
Director of Donor Stewardship & Foundation Relations
Director of Annual Giving
Director of Advancement Services
Advancement Services Specialist
Monty Belote Martin
Executive Assistant for Institutional Advancement