Transferring to Wesleyan is a breeze. For many reasons, women who started their college careers elsewhere transfer to Wesleyan and find a place that understands their needs and puts them first. Our goal is to make your transition to Wesleyan as simple as possible. You will work one-on-one with your own personal transfer coordinator. Ashley Herman, director of transfer and nontraditional enrollment, has years of experience working with transfer students and understands the importance of flexible office hours, including after hours and weekends. Contact Ashley at any time if you have questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or (478) 757-5152.
Your process may differ slightly, depending on your circumstances and academic history, but the following check list is a general outline of the enrollment process.
1. Visit and Explore- Schedule your visit here. Providing official transcripts prior to your visit will help during the advising process.
2. Apply- Start your file by submitting the FREE online application.
3. Complete Your File- The requirement for admission is a 2.0 cumulative GPA from the LAST institution attended. Please provide the following items at your earliest convenience:
4. File Review- Please allow up to two weeks for an admissions decision to be reached.
5. Placement Exams- Required prior to registration. The writing assessment is a graduation requirement and is required for all students entering Wesleyan without a Bachelor’s Degree. Let’s talk about your academic history to determine if you will need to complete the Math or Foreign Language assessments.
6. FAFSA- Resubmit your FAFSA adding our school code 001600 while you wait for an admission decision. Completing the current year’s FAFSA before you receive an admission decision will allow us to provide you with your out-of-pocket cost more quickly. Contact the Financial Aid Office at 478-757-5205 for assistance.
7. Deposit and Secure Your Spot! The registration process will begin after you submit a $400 enrollment deposit once receiving notice of acceptance. This deposit also reserves a student's place in the class and establishes room assignment.The deposit is non-refundable after May 1st.
Mail materials to:
Wesleyan College, Office of Admission, 4760 Forsyth Road, Macon, Georgia 31210-4462
Director of Transfer and Nontraditional Enrollment
2016-2017 (Fall 2016 and Spring 2017)
Scholarship Amount GPA Requirement
Trustee $12,000 3.75 GPA
Presidential $10,000 3.5 - 3.74 GPA
(Phi Theta Kappa members)
Dean's $8,000 3.25 - 3.49 GPA
Merit $6,000 3.0 - 3.24 GPA