The Lane Center for Community Engagement and Service was established in 2002 to become a focal point of community service and engagement in Central Georgia and to serve as a role model for college/community collaboration nationally.
The Center has three goals:
- To promote and manage specific acts of community service and engagement through:
- assessing community needs,
- working collaboratively with partners to secure funding for service projects, and
- coordinating those projects
- To incorporate the spirit of service and engagement into our pedagogical processes;
- To teach and model civic leadership and personal responsibility through conferences, workshops, and conversations sponsored by the Center. The Center is housed in Jones Hall on the Wesleyan College campus.