The Lane Center for Service and Leadership was established in 2002 to become a focal point of community service and engagement in Central Georgia and to serve as a role model for college/community collaboration nationally.
The Center has three goals:
- To promote and manage specific acts of community service and engagement through:
- assessing community needs,
- working collaboratively with partners to secure funding for service projects, and
- coordinating those projects
- To incorporate the spirit of service and engagement into our pedagogical processes;
- To teach and model civic leadership and personal responsibility through conferences, workshops, and conversations sponsored by the Center. The Center is housed in the Olive Swann Porter Building on the Wesleyan College campus.